Rules of Play
Anstarra has 8 basic rules you must know. For easy memorization, each one coincides with a letter in the word A-N-S-T-A-R-R-A.
Click here for a one-page printable version (pdf).
1. Always play safe
- No combat indoors or on stairs. Call "timeout" if necessary.
2. Never stop playing (except for safety)
- Discuss rules or problems privately with game staff.
3. Spells and special effects use cards
- Follow directions on cards handed to you.
4. Treasure is kept in pouches
All solid unblocked weapon hits are wounds
- You don’t need to “search” bodies.
- Except head, neck, hands, feet and groin.
6. Receiving a limb wound disables that limb
- You may not use that limb until healed.
7. Receiving a torso wound knocks you out
- You die in about five minutes if not healed.
8. After dying, you become a spirit
- Spirits may not talk, and must go meet with Death.